6.06.2012

White Chocolate Toffee Cookies

Okay, these are some pretty magnificent cookies.  One day I was in the mood to bake, but wanted to make something a little out of the ordinary.  Instead of the standard chocolate chip or monster cookies, I pulled some unusual ingredients out of the pantry.  After looking at recipes for a while, this is what I came up with:



I must say that these are some of the best cookies I've ever eaten.  The white chocolate, toffee and nuts are a great combination.  They are delicious, and a real crowd pleaser.  I have made them for friends a couple of times and everyone loved them!

 I made these with gluten free flour (this time I used Cup4Cup gluten free flour) and gluten free oats.  For those that don't follow a gluten free diet, feel free to use any all purpose flour and oats.  Also, I scooped these with my medium sized cookie scoop and made pretty large cookies.  I got 3 1/2 dozen from this recipe. 
Please make these.  I promise you won't be disappointed--and neither will those you share them with!  Happy baking!  And please, leave me a comment and let me know if you try them.  I love to hear from you.

White Chocolate Toffee Cookies

2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups oatmeal (I put rolled oats in the food processor for a couple of seconds to chop a little)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
2 cups toffee bits
1 1/2 cups pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cut parchment paper to fit baking sheets (or use a silpat).

In a stand mixer beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.   Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.  Put flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and combine well with a whisk.  Add these dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture until just combined.  Stir in white chocolate, toffee bits and pecans.

Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets.  Bake for 9-12 minutes (depends on your oven--keep a close eye on them!) until just beginning to brown on the edges.  Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove the cookies to cooling racks to finish cooling.


Printable Recipe


1 comment: