2.26.2012

Pineapple Salsa


I have been in the kitchen a lot lately, and it has made me very happy! Baking, preparing meals, having get togethers with friends--and rather than feeling like a chore as a lot of cooking can often feel, my kitchen has been a place of happy days for me.

I have lost a good bit of weight over the last year, and cooking healthy, light meals is a priority for me. Before my diet, I very seldom ate fish. I didn't really care for it, and only ate it when absolutely necessary. Fast forward to today, and I eat fish an average of 3-4 times a week. "Fishy" fish is still something I avoid; mild, flaky fish is my top choice. Tilapia, grouper, red snapper and mahi mahi are my favorites.

Since I eat fish so often now, I am always trying to think of new ways to prepare it. Pineapple is so good right now, so I came up with this salsa to go on the tilapia we had this weekend. It is so delicious--it really tastes like something you would have in a restaurant. I encourage you to try it! This recipe, like most of the ones you see on this blog, is simple and fast--so easy to prepare! And this one is naturally gluten-free--always a plus.

Pineapple Salsa
1/2 cup finely diced pineapple
2 Tablespoons finely diced red pepper
1 scallion, sliced
2 Tablespoons pineapple preserves
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon juice from pineapple (if you have it; if not leave it out)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Combine all ingredients. Serve over fish, chicken, pork tenderloin, or anything!

(In case you're wondering, I seasoned tilapia with salt and pepper, lightly dusted it with gluten-free flour, and sauteed it in a pan lightly coated with 2 teaspoons of olive oil until done).

If you read my blog and enjoy it, please let me know by leaving a comment. I would love to hear if you try any of the recipes!

Also, I am adding a feature on each post that will allow you to print out the recipes. Just click on "Printable Recipe" and it will allow you to do just that.



Printable Recipe

2 comments:

  1. I love pineapple salsa, although I've never had it over fish before. Thanks so much for participating in Made with Love Mondays and look forward to seeing more =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lemon blueberry cupcakes sure did catch my eye. I bet they are as good as they look.

    I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-61-with-two.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/

    ReplyDelete